Are you eligible for £140 off your electricity bills?
Published: 1 August 2016
British Gas have today opened the application window for customers to apply for a £140 grant that is applied to their electricity account or pre-payment meter during the winter months.
British Gas customers qualify by meeting the below criteria:
In receipt of one of the following means-tested eligible benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (which includes a work-related activity or support component)
- Universal Credit (low income elements).
And includes one of the following:
- Child element for children aged five or under
- Disabled child element
- Be a customer with a gross annual household income of less than £16,190 and the account holder is living with mental or physical disability or illness, or there is vulnerability within the home (children living in the house aged five or under) or of pensionable age.
- Be a customer with a gross annual household income of less than £16,190 and spend 10% or more of household income on energy bills to heat the property.
Find out more and apply here.
Other electric suppliers are yet to open their application window.
More help with household bills
If you’re a South Liverpool Homes tenant and need help with your household bills, call 0330 303 3000 and ask for our Affordable Living Team.
Need help with benefits?
Call 0330 303 3000 and ask for our Benefits Advice Service.